Today security on sites is one of the principle worries of the organizations.
Clients and guests devour its substance and yet, set at transfer information in every case extremely powerless and it is consequently that the data security must be guaranteed.
With the enormous utilization of the Internet the likelihood of access to information on individuals is additionally massified. Substances that handle saving money exchanges for instance, required transform their sites into spots of trust for the association with its clients, since the data took care of for its tasks is high privacy.
To distinguish sites on the Internet that have the vital security information administration,was made the HTTPS.
At that point I will let know you why you ought to consider the formation of a site with this Protocol and how is the relocation from HTTP to HTTPS. Make sure to peruse the following couple of passages to discover.
Brief definition of HTTPS
The term HTTPS, which translates to English as a Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol, has the distinction of incorporated into the web site SSL (secure sockets layer) Protocol. This Protocol guarantee security in the transmission of information on the Internet, as it will be encrypted, which means that no undesirable person can access the data.
This Protocol sites began to be used as a web standard since the year 2000. Although its adoption at the beginning was low. It is becoming more common to find web sites that are identified as safe, and that can demonstrate it in your daily use of the Internet.
Why is it essential to have a HTTPS site today?
Due to the multiple cyber attacks that have been carried out by the data that are collected and offered over the Internet, it has become necessary that companies have a web site of confidence, which ensure the security of the information provided.
Then you know the main benefits of having a web site HTTPS:
- Best positioning:Given notices appearing today when a site does not have a certificate, access to pages that do not have this certificate is in decline, and likewise the reputation with the search engines. Then we can say that, even though it does not directly affect SEO, there are reputational undertones that hurts the site.
- Confidence when providing data:To appear a warning to visitors that your web site is not secure, you’d receive some information from that person? If you’re starting a content marketing strategy, reputation and positioning of authority require the management of a web site with this feature.
- Protection from malware or viruses on the web:SSL protocols are responsible for scanning the page to find and eliminate potential threats of viruses within your web site.
- Your website properly encrypted confidential information:You give security to the data users provide on your web site, and thanks to the encryption will not be available for any unwanted person.
How to perform the migration to an HTTPS site?
You can start creating a web site from scratch that already includes the security certificate, or also modify it where it does not have SSL certificates. Then, I present to you the steps that you must take into account to perform this migration.
Make a backup copy of the data that you have on your web site. Depending on the company and your hosting plan, this copy can be done automatically on a daily basis or may require to perform manually.
2 purchase of certificate
Some hosting servers will demand a payment for the certificate, this will depend on the plan you have contracted. Sometimes it is already included and just simply ask customer care area.
3. to make the change in your content management system
Once you have the certificate, you can proceed with your installation within the content of your page Manager, these can be Joomla, Magento, WordPress, among others. In some cases you can use a Plugin installation verification is performed automatically.
4 modifies the URL
You make this change also in the code HTML and CSS you need this update, changes all the HTTP with HTTPS you have within your content management system. In the case of WordPress, there are plugins that perform this task to ensure change in the content of the site.
5 check operation
After completing the above steps, do a test by typing your web address. To enter, should be a lock that we normally see in the search bar. Now your website will be identified as safe.
6 update your analysis tools
If you have analysis tools for your web site such as Google Analytics, remember do the update of the data of your web site.
With certificate of safety or HTTPS web sites are a way of showing the public how reliable that is the content that is displayed on your web site, but also the peace of mind that may have to leave there your data to interact with your brand.
If you are considering to start a content marketing strategy, this step is essential for the relationship with persons who become customers after several visits to your site.
Don’t read this article which will be useful if you want to know more about creating a blog or a web site.